I purchased a computer (Dell) from QVC back on 1/2014 and with this laptop computer came a lifetime guarantee with PC Treasures that I would have a lifetime guarantee to fix any problems like viruses and malware. Well, they use to help me but now they are saying, they will not fix my computer as they want $49.95 now to fix my problems.

I don't think this is fair, as I bought this product with a "LIFETIME GUARANTEE" they are not standing by!!!

And I feel this is a Rip Off just to get people to buy their computers. I have paperwork in writing this is a LIFETIME Guarantee but they refuse to fix my computer with getting $49.95 and I want to let people know don't believe anything QVC tells you they just want your money like PC Treasures wants $49.95 ...and how much more will it be in the future of this computer with a LIFETIME Guarantee?!?

Review about: Laptop Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Yea, US* based, foreign dialects and accents, NO anglos here - rotsa ruck

#1420241

I had same the issue. QVC should find all us an alternative since they sold this warranty/tech support as covering these issues.

See part of the comments below:

( I should add he abruptly ended our session w/out warning)

4:17 PM Micah U: Policy changed earlier this year due to the fact that a large portion of what we use is proprietary software.

If you don't want the adware or malware removed that is fine. Malwarebytes is a removal tool, not malware.

4:17 PM Micah U: I'll reboot your device now and we can be all done.

4:17 PM Micah U is rebooting your computer...

4:18 PM Remote Control by Micah U stopped.

I agree. Trying to get hardware problems resolved with Dell and they will not even run systems check without payment for one year's coverage .

I bought and received this computer via QVC with lifetime warranty coverage for premier members.

Everything was covered per QVC television presentation. dell says otherwise.

I think I bought the same computer as you did. I never had a problem with it and never had to call for support, but the issue may be in the fine print.

For instance, what is considered to be the “lifetime” of your product, in this case your computer?

It could be only 2 years (I’m just using that as an example). For example, I use a wheelchair and was told that the warranty of the specialized titanium wheelchair (which cost $10,000!!) was a “lifetime”. I had that wheelchair for 6 years when the frame cracked. I called the service people and found out the “lifetime” considered by the industry for these specialty wheelchairs is 5 years, so they wouldn’t fix it.

I had to get a whole new wheelchair instead. This wasn’t written anywhere in the warranty paperwork I received when I got my wheelchair, but I sure learned an important lesson.

It could be that for computers and other electronics a “lifetime” may actual have an end date despite when the QVC hosts tell us “for as long as you own the computer...” this may not be factually true.

What does annoy me about QVC is that even though you can go to their web site and search your order history that go many years back, they wipe your history after 2 or 3 years.

Because now I’m selling that computer I actually needed the specs for it and they couldn’t find my order anymore so I couldn’t get the details I was looking for.

If you buy any major purchases like this be sure to go to their web site and print everything, warranty, manuals etc.

Overall I have been pretty happy with most of the products I’ve purchase from QVC. I do Google the items I’m interested in to find out if it’s a good deal and to see if customers who bought elsewhere were happy with it.

Rusk, Texas, United States #1345270

I'm having the same issue. I bought my daughter an iPhone package deal with warranty.

They cleared the description and changed the item number so they "can't find my warranty information" . Over a thousand dollars for s useless phone that won't turn on.