26.6K views

I have been a QVC customer since 2009 and have used their easy pay method of payment for some large ticket items. In 2010, I purchased a laptop with all the bells and whistles, which was well over $1,000.

The item was top of the line and came with well over a few hundred dollars worth of software. I paid it off and never purchased a larger ticket item until July 2013. I purchased a cell phone that, unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase, could't pick up the 4G LTE in my area but only picked up 4G WiMax, which is not in my area and being phased out by my carrier. Before making the return, I called CS to let them know why I was sending the phone back and the CS rep made the new order for me with the bank card I had on file.

Meanwhile, the first easy pay payment for the order I just sent back went through. No problem there, as I understand my money will be refunded when the item is received by them. Three days later (today), I check the status of my order and it status is "Contact CS." I contact CS and they tell me that they will not process the order any further on easy pay unless I give them a major credit card or I can pay the item off with my card on file. I asked them why and they told me their policy is simply no easy pay with prepaid or bank cards, only major CCs.

I reminded the rep that I have always used my bank card to buy big ticket items from them on easy pay and that they have never had a problem with me paying. The rep agreed with me. The rep then told me that they tend to check the type of card a customer uses if the customer is new or has had a problem in the past. The rep also said that despite me being a long-term customer with a good record, someone must have checked because the item was big ticket, in other words, after all these years, someone decided to do his or her job.

I asked if my history with them would allow me to continue with the purchase and I was denied. I informed her that not everyone has or uses major CCs (especially in a bad economy). So, despite having been a customer with a solid payment record, no easy pay. I understand that policy is policy but my experience, since 2009, is that they have NEVER enforced this no bank card policy (not with me, anyhow).

Further, they have to know that many people are using bank and prepaid cards these days, so refusing to offer the same type of offers to these customer will narrow their customer base. Anyhow, after all these years of never having a problem with QVC, I'm done with QVC.

Comments

You buy items on the "easy pay" installments. As you pay your monthly installments, you have to look and see if they aren't charging the TOTAL amount of the items to your balance, and then charging you the "INSTALLMENT" amount on top of it.

Keep your eyes open. Also, they charge SO much in shipping costs, but wait almost a week after you order, to send it out.

GO figure...Half the stuff that you order as "NEW" is actually "USED" and this is "FALSE" advertisement. Keep track of your installments and balance.

ALL OVER PRICED ITEMS ANYWAY. MOSTLY JUNK BETTER OFF ELSEWHERE WITH MOST ITEMS

to JACK #1646355

Not true. I have found this to be true with most HSN items I bought, mainly things that are electronic or vacuum cleaners, things of that nature. I am convinced, based on things I bought there, that their items are "old", not meaning used, just old inventory from the manufacturer.

I have been there since CVN days. Same treatment. I too am done with the Q...

#1482081

I agree!! Never again!!

I was told I had two accounts and was not paying on one of them! Never knew I had two accounts and they put all my easy pay on my credit card until I got a statement from the collection agency! I had gotten several letters from QVC saying I had not paid so I called customer service and she said I had as it was put on my credit card and pay no regard to those letters!! So now I guess I'm in real trouble and my excellent credit will be ruined all because of this incompetent company and employees!

So never ever again will I purchase from after 30 years of being an excellent customer!! Hope all will take my advise!!

No more!! Go elsewhere!!

to Anonymous #1646354

A prepaid card is exactly that, a card that has been 'purchased' with your cash usually as a convenience and to not carry cash. It also usually means the owner of the card is not able to be approved for a credit card.

I imagine you would have the same challenge if trying to purchase a high dollar item. Someone didn't catch it in, apparently, and your other purchases were not in the 'red flag' price range for a prepaid card. I would not stop buying from QVC because of this. Get a debit card drawn from your checking account, and put anything you purchase on easy pay, and you won't have a problem.

Think about this: If you have the money to purchase a prepaid card, then you have enough to deposit in the bank and then using a bank debit card for those purchases. That's what I use with no challenges.

to Anonymous #1646358

How do you get a collection letter from a collection agency and not have ever received a notice from QVC a number of times before that?? It just doesn't work that way.

But, you did say you had gotten several letters from QVC saying you had not paid. Why didn't you call customer service when you received them to straighten it out before it went to collections and on your credit report? Doesn't sound like this was QVC's fault if they tried to notify you, giving you a chance to set things straight.

Oh, yes, don't go to Evine. They run a hard pull credit report before they let you have anything on payments.

I just used a bank card (debit) for a $1,200 tv. No issues.

to Barbc4517011 #1646362

Barbc4517011 That's because you had the money in the bank. I have always used a debit card, and never issues.

This started with the lady who was trying to use a prepaid card. Like I posted, if you can buy a card, you can put that same money in the bank and get a debit card. However, banks also check credit when an account is opened and whether or not a person can open an account in order to get a debit card depends on the score. It sounds as though the problem existed because it is NOT a DEBIT card, per se, but a PREPAID card, which is the same as cash.

You can see why no one would let someone "charge" an item against cash. I think some people just don't understand that.

Although she did say they allowed her to do the easy pay before. If so, that was a glitch in their system that was only caught when a purchase was attempted 4 years later.

I do not understand the no bank card policy. More people are using vus a bank cards more than major cc.

What's the difference? either way someone could close their account, not have an available balance. A vus A us a visa. Do you check every card holder to make sure they never have less than a certain available cc balance?.

I personally do not use major c.f. because I don't want to be in debt and pay interest. Company like qv c push for people to go into debt. We should be able to use our visa debut cards.

I'm just going to use amazon, they never tell you you can't use a visa debit, it's processed as a credit card payment, not a check payment. Glad I found this out, I had a list of stuff both easy pay and single pay for Christmas, I'll take my business elsewhere

to Donna C #1403925

We have used easy pay many many times and we order online and always use our debit card and have never had a problem doing so.

to Donna C #1646353

Donna C When a card is used, the $ amount (depending on whether you are online or in a store) is immediately debited from your account to show that you do or do not have funds to cover it. Same thing with most places when you give them a check.

So, that means, that if you close your account, first of all, the bank will not let you empty the account if you have purchases that have not cleared, and your debit card purchase will be in their records. And, yes, when you present a debit card, that $ amount has to be in your account for it to be approved. So, yes, you can use your debit card as long as you have the funds in the bank.

A debit card is basically a plastic check. You better not use it if there are not funds to cover your purchase.

Honestly, why do they care what card you pay with? As long as your paying the bill what does it matter?

I had this same problem though. I was using my bank card and everything went through before with them. no issues at all. I did easy pay multiple times and paid off all my things in full.

I dont feel comfortable using credit cards for big ticket items because i like to keep the balance down on my cards. also my credit lines are low so i cant use it to make big purchases. But anyway back to my story. I used my bank card to purchase a laptop for my son for christmas i made this purchase on October 1st.

The first payment at checkout went through and the second payment for November got declined. I never had my bank card decline because i always make sure there is enough to cover what i need to get and i always check my balance before making purchases. Anywho I checked the balance on my card to see why the payment declined. my balance said i had 3,000 dollars so it wasnt a issue of not enough funds.

i call QVC and explain the situation. I asked what the problem was and she said they don't take bank cards. I asked how can that be when they have used my bank card i had to pull the money out every month with autopay for years when i was buying various items and why it was an issue now. They said it was a policy.

I said ok but why you were able to take out the first payment then if you dont accept bank cards. This is when she got nasty. She said I just *** told you. She then said now listen closely stupid *** if you wanna go through paying to keep this purchase you need to provide a credit card.

I told her that if she was gonna give me her nasty little attitude and expect me to continue buying from them that she better start treating me with respect because I was being nice to her. When she got all huffy puffy again I asked for her name wrote it down and asked to be transferred over to a supervisor. She transferred me and I gave the supervisor her name and told him about how i was treated. He assured me it was no problem that he would take care of it.

I said thank you and explained my issue. He told me that bank cards were fine to use and he would try and take out the payment to see if it declined again. I thanked him and went about my day. The next day I called back to check up on the payment and found out that this time the payment had gone through.

Now i have no more issues. So i have no idea which person you were talking to be but i was told bank cards were fine.

So the policy is the policy as long as it doesn't apply to you?

I had the same thing happen to be after years of buy my xmas gifts on easy pay, using a visa debit card which automatically rec. my social security check every mo.

What really stinks, try buying from HSN if you live in a 2 family house and say your landlords wife hasn't payed her bills they won't allow you to purchase with or with out flex pay or have anything shipped to the address you happen share with a deadbeat. I was put a list called the BAD address list.

the credit collector bank called me today saying that the item i bought for $67.44 will $128.05 since i didn't pay for the 3 easy pay.. buy i did, i pay them using the debit card that in my apple account and every time i do it says PAYED so i thought i payed it!

and everytime i checked my QVC account it says there "Sorry, we couldn't find any Easy Pay orders! Please try looking for your order under "All Orders" or using one of our other options above." so i was thinking i already payed it full. I'm trying to build my credit now and i feel so bad now because its not in my intention not to pay them. I've been paying the full price before but want to try this easy pay.

so i called my bank first just to be sure and they said theres no transaction. (so shocked) then called QVC customer service said they don't accept debit card. there is 2 ways to pay thru sending checks or calling the 1-877 number. so now, i need to pay the penalty.

I'm not going to use my QVC card! I'm done with this home TV shopping!!!

to Anonymous #1646369

If you have a QVC card that you say you are not going to use, why didn't you use that? QVC absolutely DOES take debit cards, just not prepaid debit cards.97.4467.33 if the bank isn't showing the 67.44 first payment, then you would not have even received the item from QVC.

If you did receive it, QVC would have a record of this. If they turned you over to collection, then they do have the information, although some places turn all records over to a collection agency and keep nothing (of those who have not paid) You really should get your information together, the item you purchased, the date, the amount, the order number and call QVC accounts receivable and be really nice when you tell them you really need help in figuring out your account. Someone should be able to help you. If you get back to where you are buying from home shopping networks, keep all of your records.

If you are trying to get your credit better, buy a desktop size calendar and write down everything you pay on the date it is due..do this for every month. Keep up with your calendar and make sure if something is being debited from your checking that you have enough in there to cover it. You should be checking every day. It's so easy to forget.

IF you have any credit card, set up an auto pay where they will take out the minimum payment on the date due. Only use your card for small things, so your payment will likely be 25 a month. Use it for useful things, like gas for your car. If you use it for groceries or even something frivolous, do not use it if you don't have that same amount to spend out of your checking account.

Then, as soon as you get home, pay on the card the same amount you just charged.

You are working on your credit, but not spending more than you can afford. Good luck !

Right...they are not willing to change the date on a flex pay...

Done with them HSN...much better

I too have been a customer for years! Last week I tried to order an item with my debit card with easy pay!

I was told I can not use my debit card with easy pay! I don't get it as last month I used it! I will no longer shop QVC.

any longer! They want us to get there crdit card so banks get richer and we end up in a mess1

to Anonymous #1405867

Just did it on Cyber Monday. Debit card, no problem.